Frequently Asked Questions:
1. What is "Canines and Cocktails?"
A special party of dogs and their owners, happening every other week (weather and schedules permitting).
2. Where are you guys located?
Somewhere in Los Angeles, California. You have to be a member to find out the secret location.
3. How can I join?
Send an email to the Webmaster. Include the most adorable picture you have of your canine, and your favorite cocktail recipe.
3. Can I set up my own "Canines and Cocktails?"
Of course you can. Get to know the other dog owners in your neighborhood. Figure out the best time
for everyone to meet. At the appointed time, hang out on your front porch with your dog, a bottle of sparkling wine, and some dog treats.
4. Can I bring my cat to "Canines and Cocktails"?"
Our canines certainly appreciate their feline brethern. Canines find that a small morsel of "kitty rocca" makes a fine appetizer
before a hearty dish of kibble. We would advise holding your cat at all times, and doing a tour of the group, so the
canine owners can admire their feline glory between sips of alcoholic beverages. Remember: dogs have masters; cats have staff.
5. Some of your dogs are pit bulls! Isn't this dangerous? If I show up, how do I know they won't kill and eat me?
Unless you are a squirrel, you do not have to worry about being killed and eaten by any of our dogs. All of our pit bulls are
required to sign the "Pit Bull Code of Conduct" before being allowed to attend Canines and Cocktails. Signatures are noted
by paw print, as pit bulls do not possess opposable thumbs and therefore cannot properly wield a pen.
6. I really want to go to Canines and Cocktails, but unfortunately my life has taken a tragic turn. My dog has left me for another owner - someone who can afford high-priced treats and upscale doggie daycare. Where can I go to drown out my sorrows?
There are many fine drinking establishments in our neighborhood where you can try to forget your loss of canine companionship. Here are a few of my favorites:
The Frolic Room
Ye Olde Rustic Inn
The Dresden Room
Once you have dealt with your tragic loss, remember that it is very unusual for dogs to betray their owners. In fact, yours is the first case I have ever heard of. You should visit a local animal shelter and find yourself a deserving mutt. Make sure to socialize your newly adopted friend by taking them to Canines and Cocktails. Some of the best dogs in the world participate in Canines and Cocktails
7. I will be traveling out-of-town with my dog. Neither of us will be able to make the next Canines and Cocktails event. Will there be a similar event at our destination?
Some of the classier hotels and cocktail lounges allow and even encourage canine friends. Some even have the audacity to call these events "canine cocktail hours", perhaps not realizing that there is only one true and original Canines and Cocktails. Here are a few that you might find at your travel destination:
Tavola Rossa Restaurant, Raleigh NC
Atlanta Hotel Indigo
Loews Annapolis Hotel
Fitzgeralds Grill and Tavern, Franklin Ohio
Many animal welfare organizations also sponsor canine cocktail events as fundraisers. Check these out at your destination.